Who are we at Giveth?
Giveth is a community focused on Building the Future of Giving using blockchain technology. Our intention is to support and reward the funding of public goods by creating open, transparent and free access to the revolutionary funding opportunities available within the Ethereum ecosystem. Our mission is to build a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who give - to projects, to society, and to the world.
Who are we looking for?
Are you a superhero without a cape in the world of DevOps? Do you love to navigate the labyrinth of infrastructure, weaving your magic to optimize systems? Then this exciting opportunity may be for you! We are on the hunt for a dynamic, proactive, and supremely skilled DevOps Engineer to be the wizard behind our technology infrastructure. You will juggle various cloud ecosystems such as Digital Ocean, Azure, AWS, Vercel, and Netlify with finesse, maintaining our infrastructure, orchestrating disaster recovery planning, and fine-tuning configurations.
It’s important to know that in our organization, ownership is a requirement. We empower our team members to take charge, make decisions, and drive their initiatives forward. It's not just about getting the job done; it's about self-learning and growth.
We need your skills for on-call shifts for system administration, preferably in the Americas timezone (North, Central, or South). You'll also channel your inner financial guru, focusing on FinOps tasks to optimize our infrastructure costs. But it's not just about the numbers. You'll collaborate with your team, fostering a nurturing environment where innovation thrives.
- Unleash your powers to maintain and optimize a medley of infrastructures.
- Be our guiding light, developing and implementing disaster recovery strategies.
- Spot the gremlins in our system, identifying misconfigurations and presenting effective solutions.
- Be our guardian angel in on-call shifts for system administration in the Central Asian Timezone.
- Lead the charge in the migration of applications from monolithic to microservices architecture.
- Safeguard our future, managing the transition from hosted applications to SaaS.
- Make monotony a thing of the past by automating repetitive tasks using CI/CD, BASH scripting, and OpenAI technologies.
- Tap into your FinOps know-how, always seeking ways to optimize infrastructure costs.
- Work hand in hand with the team to suggest modifications to the application architecture when needed.
- Mastery of Cloud Platforms: Digital Ocean, Azure, AWS, Vercel, Netlify
- Battle-hardened experience with CI/CD tools, particularly Github Actions.
- Supreme skills in Git, especially Github.
- Well-versed in backup and restoration tools, such as Bash Scripting, CI/CD Cloud APIs, AWS S3.
- Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform, Ansible.
- A seasoned pro in containerization & orchestration technologies: Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes.
- A scholar of Linux systems, especially Ubuntu and Debian.
- Expertise in monitoring & logging tools like Grafana + Prometheus, Elastic Stack.
- Acquainted with secret management tools such as Hashicorp Vault, and RBAC Access Management Solutions.
Strong Communication and Collaboration Skills:
In this role, collaboration isn't just a buzzword; it's our modus operandi. As our DevOps Engineer, you will need to liaise with different team members across departments and project lines. Whether it's troubleshooting, system planning, or dreaming up innovative solutions, you'll need to communicate effectively and work synergistically to make it happen. If you're as good at people as you are at tech, you'll fit right in!
- We use (EVM based) blockchain extensively - at least theoretical understanding of how Ethereum works is required
- Battle-tested experience in a similar DevOps role.
- Sharpened analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Stellar communication skills and the ability to conjure team spirit.
- Ready to participate in on-call shifts (preferably in the Americas timezones).
- Be fluent in English.
- Deep understanding of IT infrastructure and application architecture.
- A knack for automating.
Pay and Perks
- Work in the remote location of your choice, but in the Americas because we need you on call. The location on the job description is our hack house in Barcelona.
- We'll start with part-time hours and see how the role grows!
- Crypto payment in DAI or xDAI.
- Additional compensation package of tokens - reap the rewards of what you help create!
- Flexible vacation time, because personal/work life balance matters.