Praise is a community intelligence system that promotes active participation and collaboration through peer recognition and rewards developed by General Magic and Commons Stack. It encourages communities to cultivate a culture of giving and gratitude by recognizing and rewarding contributions.
When to use
Praise can be used to:
- Get insight into how your community works.
- Build a culture of cooperation, giving, and gratitude within your community.
- Reward the full range of value you’ll be creating, from minor to major in order and the impact they generate across the community. It integrates with a number of token distribution platforms.
- Build reputation scores.
How to use
As an open-source product, Praise can be deployed by any community that wishes to use it. It can be used to recognize contributions made on GitHub, Discord, Twitter, Telegram, and more. It can also be used to recognize contributions made outside of any platform. To recognize a contribution, a member of the community simply needs to interact with the praise bot.
How Praise works?
- Praise. Community members acknowledge each other’s contributions by interacting with a chatbot.
- Quantify. Evaluate the impact of praised contributions. The impact is expressed numerically, which is then used to calculate the praise score.
- Analyze. Praise currently provides a limited set of built-in analysis tools that can analyze: community health indicators, top contributors and contributions, reward insights…
- Reward. Rewards can be monetary or non-monetary. Praise includes a simple reward distribution tool that generates a CSV file for distribution.
Interested in applying it in your community?
Learn how to configure praise:
What you get
By providing a simple way for community members to acknowledge, praise, and reward each other's contributions, communities can become more intelligent, productive, and inclusive.
More info and resources
Building a culture of giving and gratitude | Praise 🙏
Praise is a rewards system allowing communities to acknowledge and reward member contributions.
Token Engineering Commons Praise - Kristofer Lund
@ DAO Rewards Systems Assemblage Speaker Twitter @kristoferlund Organization Twitter @tecmns -- 🏗️The Governauts, a dedicated brand in Token Engineers focusing on decentralization and governance, has set out to tackle these challenges and help shape this new social reality. Included in that journey is our latest #OpenScience initiative kicked off in November - The Governauts DAO Rewards Systems Research Program. As part of this program, we’ll host a full-day of talks, discussions and workshops focused on DAO Rewards Systems, and would like to invite the entire TE community to join in! 🔥💪This program is brought to you in collaboration with @GovernanceDAO @TheDAOist_ @NEARProtocol @oceanprotocol @GnosisGuild @gnosisPM @BosonProtocol and @tecmns. --- 💥About TE Academy Since it’s founding in 2020, the TE Academy has set a high standard for Token Engineering education programs, hosting over 800 students and collaborating with projects like Ocean Protocol, Balancer, Gitcoin, Boson Protocol, and HydraDX. In our research initiatives we gather participants from multiple disciplines to work on crypt challenges and come up with new solutions. Web - https://tokenengineering.org Discord - https://discord.gg/mFcqFwGhpy Twitter - https://twitter.com/tokengineering
Experts in the community
Kristofer Lund, Praise co-founder